Tuesday 13 May 2014

Spring Blushes

Hey there my lovelies! Today I'll be talking about Spring Blushes and what colours are perfect for the Springtime.

I know we are halfway through spring but we are out of that awkward stage where it's still chilly and it kind of feels like winter some days. Now, it's definitely feeling like spring and what better thing to do than to update your makeup looks? 

Here are my favourite Spring Blushes for 2014!


1. Benefit's Dandelion
Dandelion from Benefit is a cult favourite for many makeup lovers. The classic box'd powder is in a slightly metallic green packaging with a simple Dandelion on the front. Each box'd powder has a small mirror and brush inside that lets be honest isn't the best. However the blush is a gorgeous spring colour! It's a soft pink colour with gold undertones and simmers throughout, this blush can go with any skin tone and will look beautiful.

2. M.A.C's Peacheykeen
M.A.C's Peachykeen was the second M.A.C blush I ever bought and its fair to say I love it! I'ts a sheer tone shimmer blush so it's perfect and lightweight on the skin throughout spring and summer. The colour is a dusty rose with gold and coral shimmers. The shimmers make it a perfect everyday blush colour that makes you look healthy and glowing. 

3. Nars' Deep Throat
Okay so Nars are know for their orgasm blush but when I swatched it, it's nothing like you see on youtube or in blogs. In my opinion it's way to orange and the gold veining through it makes it look almost yellow… So I bought Deep Throat instead (inappropriate names, I know!) Deep Throat is exactly what I expected orgasm to be. Again its a soft pink with gold and silver shimmers, however it is a little sheer. The mixed tone shimmers make it unique to me and it has a very velvety texture. A great spring blush!

4. Sleek's Pomegranate
Pomegranate is a very deep pink with a blue and purple sheen. I bought this blush in the fall however it's sheer and when applied it didn't look the same as it is in the pan. I have been wearing it a lot lately and I feel it gives me such a nice flush to my cheeks that I wear it during the spring and summertime.

5. Maybelline's Fresh Pink Bouncy Blush
Unfortunately the bouncy blushes are only available in the US so I picked up a few on my last visit and fresh pink is a gorgeous spring colour! It has a creamy soft texture but the colour is 100% matte and I really love it if I'm going for a more natural look. It's another soft pink but I feel spring is the time for sheer soft colours on your cheeks with some subtle highlighting. Nothing too crazy. 

Thats all from me, I hoped you enjoyed reading about my favourite spring blushes!

Love

Caitlin x

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post! The Benefit blush is so goood!

    http://musthavethisspring.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! I know it really is a cult favourite!

      Delete