Monday 12 May 2014

M.A.C lipsticks! Are they worth the money?

Good afternoon my loves, today's post is all about M.A.C lipsticks. The real question on everyones mind is… Are they worth the money? 

When I bought my first M.A.C lipstick it was in the shade Bombshell. A soft pink with cool silver undertones. Fair to say I fell in love with it very quickly the only problem was it was a frost finish and it felt a little bit gritty on my lips and it didn't have a good staying power. However since it was my first one I didn't care about the staying power I just loved it! 

Bombshell Frost Lipstick

Now in my collection I have about 16 M.A.C lipsticks and luckily I haven't found one I really don't like. I learned from my mistake and haven't bought another frost finish lipstick. 

M.A.C lipsticks have a very unique packaging and they can be referred to 'Little black Bullet's' because of their unique shape. They come in so many colours that there is one for everyone and smell like Vanilla. There are many different finishes to M.A.C lipsticks including frost, matte, glaze, creamsheen, lustre and pro longwear. My favourite finishes are the creamsheen and glaze as they are so soft on the lips and have stunning colour payoff! 

A drugstore lipstick had approx 3.5g but M.A.C lipsticks have approx 4g of product so you do get a little more for your money. Plus since they have great colour payoff you don't need to use as much product for each application.

To answer the question, are they worth the money? I say 100%, but if you are to anxious to buy one M.A.C lipsticks are completely dupable. You can find colours that are identical to M.A.C colours from your local drugstore and they are much cheaper. This could be a reason not to buy them. Why buy a £15 M.A.C one when you can get one from Rimmel that's exact same colour? In my opinion I prefer M.A.C ones but that doesn't stop me from getting gorgeous drugstore lippies for the fraction of the price!

Well I hope this helped some of you decide if you think a M.A.C lipstick is worth the money.

Love

Caitlin x  

Lipstick names from top to bottom

Corals - Bad Gal Riri, Crosswires, Coral Bliss

Pinks- Girl about town, Speak louder, Lustering, Bombshell, Creme cup

Reds- Dark side, Diva, Hot Tahiti, Ruby woo

Purples- Cyber, Rebel, Private party, Plumful


No comments:

Post a Comment