Friday 7 November 2014

My FALL changes

Fall is here!! Out of all the seasons fall is definitely my favourite of them all! (hey that rhymed) Anyways, I would like to tell you about some products I've been loving recently from the changing of the seasons. 

The air is getting colder now, that means skin is getting dryer and hair is becoming more straw like and damaged. At least that is what happens with me this time of year. So I am going to go through some of my favourite products that keep my skin, hair and body nourished and protected from this chilly weather.

Skin

So my skincare routine has slightly changed for the fall time and this means I need to use products that are much more moisturising. The Body Shop has been my go to place for my skincare products. I always felt that the body shop was for 'ladies' and more 'mature' customers so it never really appealed to me until I saw VelvetGh0st rave about the camomile cleansing gel and I felt that I had to give it a try. Turns out I'm in looooooove with it!! It removes all of my makeup so effortlessly and makes me feel squeeky clean. After I use my cleansing gel I need to use a strong moisturiser and I have been using Estee Lauders advanced night repair, nSpa's nourising night cream and Benefit's it's potient eye cream. This trio is more on the pricy side but I always tell people that putting more effort and money towards skincare rather than makeup is going to benefit you in the long run.

Hair

So when it comes to haircare I don't have a very complex routine. I don't use any fancy high end products because I have found some high street beauties that work just as well. I wash and condition my hair with Pantene Repair and Protect. I use this conditioner on the ends of my hair and then use Lee Stafford hair that never grows past a certain length deep conditioning treatment on the routs of my hair only. This conditioner doesn't make my hair greasy or more oily because its more nourishing and gentle than a normal deep conditioner. Other products I use are for helping my hair to be protected from the cold air is the macadamia healing oil treatment on the tips of my hair for a little extra protection and the treseme colour protect and shine serum. Nothing fancy or complicated just quick, easy and simple.

Body

Having a body heading sounds kinda weird but you know what I mean. With it being fall obviously I have to go to lush to get the halloween and christmas bath beauties but I'll make a separate blogpost about all of those. I recently used the sparkler bath bomb and OH EM GEE! IT IS AMAZING! I didn't think that it would be that exciting and to be fair it turns your bath a yellow-y orange-y colour with loads of sparkles and glitter and the result is so nice. My skin feels so smooth and I smell pretty dang good too. When I get out of the bath I use my body shop olive butter because its perfectly nourishing for the dryer patches on my body. 

In all honesty I don't have the most exciting routines but I love to try new products and the fall time is the perfect time to make changes.

I'll see you guys on my next post!

Love Caitlin x

No comments:

Post a Comment